We share your concerns regarding the hygienic requirements to which your activities and processes need to adhere. We are also aware of the energy consumption that is associated to food production. This, combined with our extensive knowledge of the production processes, utilities and installations used in the sector, have been a condition for us to grow as THE engineering partner for all our clients in the food sector.
Our knowledge and expertise in the food sector
- Hygienic design (EHEDG) and use of materials approved and accepted in the sector
- Selection of hygienic process components
- Cleaing methodologies such as wash-down, CIP and SIP
- Food standards (IFS, BRC) and retail audit experience
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and other systems making production even more flexible and efficient
- Analysis and optimisation of energy flows and comsumption of the different production installations
- Engineers with more than 20 years of experience in the food sector
Specialised industries within the food sector
The past decades, we have gathered a lot of experience in specific subsectors.
Potatos and related products
From the very beginning, DD Engineering has been active in supporting major investment projects in the potato processing industry. We have been permanently active in this market, so today we position ourselves as one of the most competent engineering firms within this industry.
Also in the vegetable industry, we have been present since many years. We have coordinated the construction of specific production lines for our clients and we also accompany them in any technical challenge.
Our know-how in the dairy industry pertains to the full milk cycle. From reception of the milk through pasteurisation, sterilisation, filtration techniques, UHT, cheese technology, CIP, bulk and powder transport.
Other subsectors in which we are active:
- Cacao and chocolate
- Meat and fish
Are you planning investments?